CNN - CapCon News Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another new recruit

3 posters

Go down

Another new recruit Empty Another new recruit

Post  Machao6 Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:43 am

Hi all,

Plebus suggested I join and post here as an icebreaker - normally I'd use the Christopher Walken method.

I'm afraid original Battletech was just before my time but I was practically weened on the computer games and I've played em all. I've also chased down the animated series, RPG, main game and poo-pooed the Dark Ages wizkids version of the game.
I've never actually played a tabletop game of Battletech though Sad I'd love to at some point but I don't think any of my mates share my giant robot delusions of grandeur.

My username is Machao6 as listed, empire name: The Lost Republic.
Here in the UK the time is 00:45 at the time of writing, so I apologise if I keep ungodly hours on the irc for some of you.

I'm just getting my head around things, only real blank for me is the military-industrial complex of the game, I've got the hang of building research etc etc etc and even started work on the sims. Could probably leave a lot to be desired on the field (and this against an unarmed AI) but hopefully I'll improve :S

Erm, yeah, hello and hopefully I'll be talking to you all at some point before long.

Machao6
Machao6

Back to top Go down

Another new recruit Empty Re: Another new recruit

Post  Plebus Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:50 am

Machao6,

Glad to have your interest and welcome to the game!

We have a good group here and we all look forward to speaking with you. Of course, if you have questions, please feel free to post or stop by in our chat room.

Plebus

Plebus

Back to top Go down

Post  Machao6 Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:20 am

Thanks, I'm confident I made the right choice. I was expecting the game to be quite unfriendly since it seems fairly complex, but everyone I've spoken to has been sound as a pound.

Thanks for the warm reception and I'll try not to let the side down!
Machao6
Machao6

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellspwan Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:35 am

Sorry for the late reply...

You mentioned military, that's my gig... When I'm around. Henry is a master pilot, and generally doea a lot of sim training with our newer members.

When the boss says so (accepts your application) just yell at me and I'll get you set up on the forums.
Hellspwan
Hellspwan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum