CNN - CapCon News Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

useless buildings

3 posters

Go down

useless buildings Empty useless buildings

Post  pinkpnth Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:34 pm

could someone post an up to date useless building list? are they still the same ones inthe other post?

pinkpnth

Back to top Go down

useless buildings Empty Re: useless buildings

Post  Hellspwan Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Ummm... Off the top of my head. (pointed though it may be) -

Stock Markets
Admin buildings
Anything Aerospace
Single bays -Infantry,Mech,Tanks

For any players just starting out, the focus should be on BP, RP and food only. The single sector empire goal is to get empire specific research up to level 7, and the BPCC (Basic planetary command center) to get a second sector, and to upgrade your building to their advanced versions. If you need cash for building, just ask. I'll be glad to send over a few million to keep you going.
Hellspwan
Hellspwan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Hells has it right.
If you are just starting, fill all your zones with Basic Prod, Basic Research (I'd skip Ultra-Basic) and enough food to keep your people healthy (starving people are less productive).
You use the Basic buildings because they have the best ROI (Return On Investment = bang for the buck). Basic Prod will recover the BP used to set it up faster than Adv Prod will recover the BP used to construct that facility.
Only upgrade to Intermediate or Advanced when all your build slots are already full. It will cost more icash (we have lots) but it will take less time for you to advance your empire.
Always upgrade Housing first. Basic Housing takes 2 slots for 20 people. Int Housing takes 1 slot for more people (I forget the number). Changing from Basic to Int Housing will get you more workers AND free up slots for more Basic Production facilities. Win-win.
The real trick is balancing BP with RP. If you research the new tech, but don't have the BP to build what you just learned, you can't use it. If you have all the BP necessary to upgrade to the next class of buildings, but haven't researched them yet, you're stuck waiting for the RP to catch up.
(Having extra BP is better than having extra RP, but the closer you get to a good balance, the faster you will progress.)
What we really need is an enemy for you to RP Theft. I've seen RP Thefts net 1 mill+ RP. That will speed you WAY up.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post  pinkpanther Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:32 pm

thanx for all the info im doing fairly well and will be filling up the zones in a few days my bp is pretty high and im working to get my rp up and food is no problem. im toying around a little bit to get a feel for what some buildings do. i really expected to be attacked by now but this game doesnt seem to have the over agressive lets kill the new guy people as some of the games ive played
pinkpanther
pinkpanther

http://quarksmarket.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:06 pm

i relize this might be abit off topic,But as a new guy i understand those wait times to reasearch.build up your sectos are going to be abit boring,and since you dont IRC i probably wont ever be able to bring this up to you in chat so ill say it here. Invasion has two missions that are anyone can do as a "sample of real mission" if you ever find yourself with a free hour or two i STRONGLY reccomend you rent a mech and give them a go,the conversion from the warpoints will be quite helpful in shaving off that extra 2week "newbie" time so you can get cracking on saving up for 2 sectors. If you have any questions on how to grow quickly/effectivly feel free to pm me or continue 2 post,im happy to help ^.^.

Back to top Go down

Post  pinkpanther Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:20 pm

how do you rent a mech? id love to go see if i can do some damage somewhere (most probably get my butt kicked)
pinkpanther
pinkpanther

http://quarksmarket.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:51 pm

I'll be able to work with you starting around 5 ~ 5:30 EDT
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content